Red River Ridiculousness
The ratio of
peppers is 3 Jalapeno to 2 Habanero to 1 Serrano.
- Cut stems
off peppers and chop into smaller pieces. DeSeed if you wish, but not required.
- Add pepper
mix to chopper / Cuisinart.
- Add tsp salt
and 1/4 tsp vinegar for every six jalapenos
- Blend until
mixed together in small, approximately 1/8 to ¼ inch pieces.
Red River Salsa
- 4 Tomatos
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper Powder
- Chop the tomatoes and the onion into chunks an put into a bowl
- Chop about a tablespoon of cilantro leaves and add to the bowl
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Add several turns of a black pepper mill
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper powder (to your preference)
- Mix together in a bowl
- Put half of the mix into a food processor with 3 garlic cloves and blend into smaller chunks, but not to small. Repeat with the other half. DO NOT PUREE.
Red River Heat
This salsa is the middle of these three sauces, but not what you would normally call 'medium'. All you do is mix Red River Salsa with Red River Ridiculousness to your tolerance level.